Saturday, April 21, 2012

Balsamic-honey Pork.

Because of the fact that I haven't really gone out to eat at a new place recently, I thought I would write some of my favorite recipes down so that everyone who lives a gluten-free lifestyle can continue to have some flavor in your life. ^-^  This recipe is my husband's favorite Sunday meal.  He practically inhales it.  If you're not into Balsamic Vinegar this is probably not the recipe for you, but I can tell you this, my husband wasn't a fan of it until I made this for him, and now he is converted. ^-^

Pork:
1 to 2 lbs pork tenderloin
Oil for searing
Salt and Pepper

Glaze:
4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped (if you only have garlic powder, 1/2 tsp of that will work as well.)
1 TBS chopped rosemary
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
3 TBS honey
2 TBS Olive Oil
1 TBS mustard (I use honey dijon, but I've used others, and it usually works out just fine.)

Directions:
*Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
*Mix all the glaze ingredients together in a small bowl.
*Slice the pork into small squares/rectangles (whatever suits your fancy ^-^) about and inch thick.
*Cover the bottom of a skillet with a thin layer of oil and heat until hot.
*Add pork slices in 1 layer and season with salt and pepper and sear for 1 minute.  Turn and sear on the other side for 1 minute (adding salt and pepper to that side as well.) until lightly browned.
*Transfer the pork to a shallow baking dish in one layer.
*Pour the glaze over the pork and turn the pieces to coat.
*Put it in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes until the thermometer reaches your desired doneness.  I usually go for 160 because I'm a little bit of a worry wort, but the FDA says that 145 with a 3 minute resting period is ok for pork.
*Remove from oven and keep warm until ready to serve.
*Serve over rice and spoon the balsamic-honey glaze over the pork.

I hope you really enjoy this recipe.  It is really good.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment