Thursday, June 16, 2011

Mimi's Cafe

This past week I went on a vacation to San Francisco with my husband's family.  It was really fun, except for the part of trying to find places that I could eat safely, and that everyone else would enjoy.  My fire was rekindled when I realized that I needed to find more restaurants that could accommodate me.  While we were there we ended up going to Mimi's Cafe.  I had been there before, but wasn't feeling to great to begin with, so the first experience (as a Celiac) wasn't that great.  But this most recent experience was much different.  The food really is very good, and I really enjoyed myself.  There are a number of options for you, my favorite being the Broiled Spiced Flat Iron Steak.  I am not a steak person myself, but this was really amazing!  I couldn't stop eating and ended up waddling out of the restaurant.  The waitress was a little skeptical about whether or not the gravy for the mashed potatoes was gluten-free or not, but the au jus sauce was gluten free, so I had that as a side dish and dipped my steak and potatoes in it. 

My mother and sister went to Mimi's recently and really enjoyed it.  My mother had to bring the manager out to tell him how much she loved the food, but ended up making my sister say it because she was about to cry.  They both had the Salmon Holandaise.  I can't guarantee that the food will make you cry for joy, but I can tell you that it is good food.  So if you want to give Mimi's a try, their gluten free menu can be found at Mimi's Cafe Gluten-Free Menu.  I hope you all enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Mimi’s Cafe is such a wonderful place where you can have delicious food with unique flavors. Diners can experience the taste of the food throughout your meal. They serve homemade sauces and outstanding wine.
    Mimi’ Cafe was first opened in Anaheim, California in December 1978. It boasts the quality values like possibility, passion and tries to add these values in food and atmosphere in the restaurant. There are 145 locations in 24 states. The Headquarters of Mimi’s Cafe is located in Dallas, Texas.
    mimi's cafe menu serves the best items from breakfast to tempting desserts. They prepare special items according to the seasons. This food chain offers special items for kids. Moreover, you can find the large collection of Wines, Beers in Mimi’s Cafe.

    ReplyDelete