Saturday, May 14, 2011

Chick-fil-a

French fries are one of my favorite foods on this planet.  When I found out that most fast food places fry their fries with breaded products I was horrified.  No place in the small town I live in had a dedicated fryer for their fries.  Then a Chick-fil-a was built.  True to my nature I started researching the restaurant to see if there was anything that I could eat.  Amazingly it has a large gluten-free menu, and strict rules about how to prepare food that is safe for Celiacs.  So one night my husband and I went out to eat.  I brought my trusty gluten-free menu and picked what I wanted.  Most restaurants will say their fries are gluten-free, when in reality they don't realize that frying their fries in a shared frier makes them not gluten-free.  So when I saw Chick-fil-a fries on the menu I ignored it.  "too good to be true" I thought.  Then when I was ordering the server said to me "our fries are fried in a dedicated frier, all our fries are fried in peanut oil while all our other products are fried in a different oil."  I was ecstatic!  So I made sure I got their fries and sure enough I had absolutely no problem with them.  Now I'm a frequent customer. ^-^  You can get their grilled chicken in a lettuce wrap, which is really tasty.  Their salads are very good as well.  If you would like a copy of their gluten-free menu go to chick-fil-a gluten-free menu Enjoy the goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment