Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Costa Vida!!

I had to start out with my favorite place to eat, Costa Vida.  When I was diagnosed with Celiac disease I found out that I could no longer eat at Costa Vida because almost everything in the restaurant had gluten in it.  I was totally crushed, but diligently avoided it.  Then, last month, my mother-in-law was watching TV and saw the owner of Costa Vida on a morning show talking about the new recipes making everything except the wheat tortillas gluten-free!  A few weeks ago I decided to go try it out.  We asked the manager and sure enough, everything had been changed to be gluten-free!  True, I couldn't get the huge sweet pork burrito, but I got two sweet pork enchiladas on corn tortillas with a side of rice and beans and that was amazing!  Just as amazing as I had remembered it.  Just remember to ask the server to change their gloves for you, and you should be fine.  Go and enjoy the deliciousness of Costa Vida again!

2 comments:

  1. Well I finally did it and was able to access this blog. Thank you for all your research. I really injoy the Sweetpork enchilada's at Costa Vida. I have also tried the ribs at chili's thanks to you and they were great. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are totally welcome! That's why I started the blog in the first place, to help other people. ^-^ I hope I get to help you further in the future.

    ReplyDelete