Friday, May 13, 2011

Chili's


One of my favorite places to eat is Chili’s.  I adore ribs, and when I found out that their original sauce ribs were gluten-free I was extremely excited.  The first time I went there as a Celiac it was a little bumpy trying to get my issues across.  Luckily I had brought along my dining card and it helped the server a ton!  Once he took the dining card back to the chef I got a visit from the manager who informed me that they have strict rules about how to prepare food for those with special diets.  The rest of the experience was extremely nice and everyone was very helpful.  The only issue that I have with Chili’s is that they have a hard time finding gluten-free menus, so I would suggest printing out your own and bring that with you, it makes life a whole lot easier.  If you would like a copy of their gluten free menu go to Chili's Menu.  You'll find the PDF link at the bottom left of the page in a cream box that says "Download allergy info".  I suggest printing out menus and having them with you, it’s really helpful if friends or family want to go out to eat spur of the moment, and you won’t feel obligated to make them go to the same place all the time, or feel like you can’t eat anything once you get there.  I know having all my menus printed has really helped me out a lot.  I’ll try to post more and more restaurant menus and suggestions on how to get the best experience possible, this way you can stress less about going out.

No comments:

Post a Comment