Friday, May 13, 2011

Dining Card

Something that is very important when going to a new place to eat is having a dining card.  This is a simple card stating your special diet and gives more information to those that don't know very much about Celiac disease.  I take my dining card with me and give it to my server to give it to the chef to make sure that there is no cross-contamination.  I always make sure that my name is on my dining card so that they realize that I am a person, and not just money coming in.  Below is the dining card that I use.  I print it out and cut around it so that I can hand it to my server.  Feel free to use it, just make sure you change the name at the top. ^-^

My name is Amanda Arthur,
I have an illness called Celiac Disease                                                                    
and I have to follow a strict gluten free
diet.
I may therefore become very ill if
I eat food containing flours or
grains of wheat, rye, barley and
oats.
Does this food contain flour or grains
of wheat, rye, barley or oats? Or
is it prepared using the same utensils or
 surface which was previously used to
prepare foods with these grains?
If you are uncertain about what the food 
contains, please tell me.
I can eat food containing rice, maize,
potatoes, all kinds of vegetables and
fruit, eggs, cheese, milk, meat and
fish –as long as they are not
cooked with wheat flour, batter,
breadcrumbs or sauce that contains
these grains.
               Thank you for your help!
This is the size and shape of my dining card.  You can do it however you want, just try to make it on the small side, people don't want to read really long texts.

No comments:

Post a Comment